Dear Donors, Volunteers, and Shoppers,
The Prince of Peace Lutheran Church All for 1 Sale committee members would like to extend a sincere thank you for all those that contributed by donating, volunteering and shopping! Our pre-sales were quite successful this year. Thanks to some advance notice by our partners in service, we were able to fill some wish lists before the public sale began.
· A new church received high chairs for their fellowship hall.
· A special education teacher shopped for a student at her school that was in need of warmer clothes.
· A clean energy advocate received a bike trailer to minimize her carbon footprint while performing volunteer work and shopping for groceries.
· A new teacher received schoolbooks for her title I classroom.
· Victims of the recent flooding in Alexandria, VA shopped to replace ruined items.
· Working families were able to purchase clothing and household goods.
Thank you for donating items to make it possible to serve others! We are trying to keep this effort going year round. If you know of someone in need, please email the webmaster at email@example.com or our wonderful leader Liz Murphy at Murphyzil@verizon.net. All for 1 is maintaining a needs list and when we have a “match”, we will arrange pickup or delivery.
We had some new partners this year and a big shout-out goes to:
Holy Comforters, S.A.L.T., Sensational Baby, Lake Braddock Secondary School, and the Hispanic Ministry Group
All for 1 also raised nearly $5000 to benefit various missions within the POP Community with volunteers contributing over 730 hours to the effort! What a blessing to know that as good stewards of the earth we came together to recycle, reuse, and repurpose! Please consider subscribing to our blog.
And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ Mathew 22:39